- Plusieurs publications des Éditions de la Sorbonne sont accessibles en ligne et téléchargeables gratuitement : https://books.openedition.org/psorbonne/
- Publications de Cambridge University Press accessibles gratuitement : https://www.cambridge.org/core/services/open-access-policies/open-access-books
- Publications de Penn Press accessibles gratuitement : https://pennpress.typepad.com/pennpresslog/2020/03/penn-press-offers-free-digital-access-during-the-covid-19-pandemic.html?fbclid=IwAR0AqShj72SzrNlLLJt0rL9tDDVfx_CAfkVnpUGIJ2d1cpbQU7NSdEtjiiY
- Publications de De Gruyter accessibles gratuitement : https://www.com/dg/page/open-access
- Leuven University Press : https://lup.be/collections/ro_open-access-ebooks
- Plusieurs articles accessibles gratuitement sur JSTOR : https://www.jstor.org/
- Les volumes de la revue bulgare Arheologia de 2003 à 2016 sont accessible ici : http://naim.bg/bg/content/editions/500/1/
- Index of Medieval Art accessible gratuitement : https://theindex.princeton.edu
The University of Hamburg is offering three fixed term research positions in a new project under the auspices of the Academy of Sciences and Humanities in Hamburg on (Ancient and Byzantine) Greek etymological lexica. May I draw your kind attention to the official job offers:
full-time researcher (Greek studies), fixed term until 2022-12-31
part-time (65%) researcher (Greek studies), fixed term until 2022-12-31
full-time software developer, fixed term until 2025-12-31
St Hilda’s College Oxford intends to elect a full-time Stipendiary VH Galbraith Junior Research Fellow for a period of three years from 1 October 2020 (or as soon as possible thereafter). The person appointed will be expected to undertake advanced research in Medieval Studies and the Fellowship is open to those who will have completed a PhD/DPhil or who will be near completion at the time of taking up the post.
Applicants may be working on literature of any language in the area of Medieval Studies. The primary duty of the post is to carry out research; in addition to the potential supervision within the Department, the JRF will receive additional academic mentoring by a College Fellow (see http://www.st-hildas.ox.ac.uk/college/academic-staff).
The primary criterion for appointment to the Junior Research Fellowship will be research excellence.
The stipend will start at Grade 7, point 1, which is £32,817 per annum and is pensionable under the Universities Superannuation Scheme.
The Fellow will be provided with use of a shared office in College. Fellows are entitled to free meals, are members of the Senior Common Room, and may apply for research expenses (currently up to £1,800 per annum). They will also be eligible to apply for small project and event grants through the College’s Research Committee.
The deadline for applications is 12 noon on Friday 10 January 2020. Further details, including information on how to apply, may be downloaded from the College website at https://www.sthildas.ox.ac.uk/content/vacancies, or obtained from the Academic Registrar, St Hilda’s College, Oxford OX4 1DY (email@example.com).
Call for Papers –
Ideas in Motion:
Arabia in Late Antiquity
Organisers: Leiden University and King Faisal Centre for Research and Islamic Studies
Date: August 26-27, 2020
Location: Leiden, the Netherlands
The Leiden University Late Antique and Medieval Studies Initiative in conjunction with the King Faisal Centre for Research and Islamic Studies is hosting a two-day international conference on Ideas in Motion: Arabia in Late Antiquity. The conference will address key themes in religious, intellectual, and cultural history in Arabia in the period around 570-1000 AD. Central topics include:
· Transmission of ideas and texts
· Religious and philosophical doctrines and beliefs in Arabia
· Devotional piety and theology
· The Qurʾan, its history, and intellectual debates surrounding the text
· Early Islam and other religiosities and intellectual trends
· Holy men and holy places
· Apocalypticism and eschatology
We particularly welcome contributions from scholars working on the intersection between intellectual-cultural history and religious studies, and whose primary concern is the history of ideas and thought.
For consideration, please send a 300-word abstract in English to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 15, 2020. The language of the conference will be in English. Participants’ full travel and accommodation costs will be covered by the conference organisers.
Durham University – Addison Wheeler Fellowships
The Addison Wheeler Fellowships are designed to attract the best early career researchers in the UK, Europe and beyond and across the full spectrum of science, social science, arts and humanities. Our Fellows will help us build international networks of scholars with a common passion for today’s most important research challenges. I should be most grateful if you could draw this exciting opportunity to the attention of your colleagues.
Three postdoctoral Addison Wheeler Fellowships are available commencing no later than 01 October 2020. These Fellowships have no residency restrictions. The closing date for applications is 07 February 2020. The normal period of the Fellowship will be 3 years with starting salaries in the range £33,797 – £40,322 p.a. Full details can be found at: www.durham.ac.uk/ias/addisonwheelerfellowships/