Poste de post-doc – Université de Vienne
The University of Vienna seeks to fill the position from 01.10.2017 of a University Assistant (post doc) at the Faculty of Historical and Cultural Studies.Reference number: 7876
The advertised position is in the research field of Late Antique and Early Christian Archaeology and offers unique opportunities for carrying out cross-disciplinary research.
Duration of employment: 6 year/s
Extent of Employment: 40.0 hours/week
Job grading in accordance with collective bargaining agreement: §48 VwGr. B1 lit. b (postdoc) with relevant work experience determining the assignment to a particular salary grade.
The position requires the active participation in research, teaching and administration. This involves:
• Developing and strengthening the independent research profile
• Preparing/writing a habilitation thesis
• Involvement in research projects and active participation in fieldwork related to Late Antique and Early Christian Archaeology
• Participation in the key research areas „Material Culture and History of Visual Culture Cultures and Media of the Visual”
• Responsibility for project applications and the acquisition of third party funding.
• Independent teaching of students as defined by the collective agreement
• Supervision of students during fieldwork
• Involvement in the department administration as well as in teaching and research administration
• PhD degree or equivalent qualification in archaeology (Classical or Late Antique and Early Christian Archaeology).
• Research record, international presentation experience and publications in the field of Late antique and Early Christian Archaeology
• Field work experience
• Skills in material culture studies and in applying archaeo-science to field study and to material culture
• Excellent command of academic English
• The ability to work in team
Desirable additional qualifications:
• Teaching experience
• Knowledge of university processes and structures
• Experience abroad
• Spoken German is an advantage but not a requirement
The applications must be written in English and include:
• Letter of motivation (1 or 2 pages max)
• Academic curriculum vitae (including a list of publications, a list of courses and a list of talks given)
• Description of research agenda or of the intended research project (2/3 pages max)
• Contact details of 3 scholars who could provide a letter of reference (the latter will be contacted only if the application is under closer consideration)
Applications should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 01.09.2017, mentioning reference number 7876.
For further information please contact Hamarneh, Basema +43-1-4277-40611.
The University pursues a non-discriminatory employment policy and values equal opportunities, as well as diversity ( http://diversity.univie.ac.at/). The University lays special emphasis on increasing the number of women in senior and in academic positions. Given equal qualifications, preference will be given to female applicants.
Human Resources and Gender Equality of the University of Vienna
Reference number: 7876
You can manage your subscription and view message archives at http://listserv.liv.ac.uk/archives/classicists.html